Sunday, August 19, 2007

Elections

"President Bush: So, when do you usually have elections?
Premier Mao Ze Dong: Every morning. " - a shirt I once saw


Justin pleaded for me to bring sexy back to this blog once again, and if I don't do so, he threatened to stop reading. *Gasp* how can I lose such a valueable reader? So I have decided to put up a few photos in relation with today's topic of elections.

The ladies that I hope you all crave to see are:
.
.
.

.
.
.


1) US Presidential candidate Hilary Clinton


2) Chancellor of Germany Angela Merkel


3) Indian President Pratibha Patil


Enjoy ;)

Hey, once again, a million apologies for not updating as I was bounded by assignments and pure LAZINESS. Just this week, the Monash Accounting Cock(?) Society (Henceforth known as MACS) held their elections for the comittee board of 2008. According to them, MACS is the biggest club in Monash with 400 over members or something along the lines of that. As you can see, it is a well-known and prestigious club, probably because of its name. Naturally, people would want to establish themselves in this club and boost their resuměs.

I dunno why but since the beginning of this semester, there was a sudden urge in my need to spice up my future CV. I've already become a comittee member of the super keng Caulfield Badminton Club, and now all of a sudden I was running for secretary of MACS. Worse thing was, I wasn't even a member of the club. The reason? Well there was this picture in my mind whereby the members of MACS would sit down all day trying to discuss all things accounting.

"Eh, how do I credit bad debt?"
"Diu, credit your lan... debit bad debt la. Firstly, you debit your accounts receivable and credit your allowance for bad debts then...."

See how boring that can be?

However, my friend Daniel, who can be found in my previous post bout the sexy ladies, has been persistent in pushing me to be part of his henchmen (he's running for presidency).

And so I went. The elections were deceivingly simple, until at least it came to my turn. Daniel won the presidency uncontested, without having to give a speech. Then no one was nominated for Vice Presidency. Then the treasurer also won by default. So I thought hey, piece of cake. But right after my gang nominated me, two other perasan ladies nominated themselves. Wah kao! How to fight? My once mighty confidence immediately died along with my shrinking balls. So the candidates were ushered out of the room, and were then called in one by one to give speeches. Hailat anot, I din even prepared mine. But I surprised myself because I somehow managed to make everyone laugh with my spontaniety. Then again deep within me, I knew I was screwed. Cause from what I could eavesdrop, the two ladies were super cool and confident. More importantly, they were MEMBERS. At that time I was wondering, why did I even attend this crappy thing only to embarass myself? Dan didn't even needed my vote. Then later on were votes for Industry Liaison, Social Officer, Web Master, Marketing Officer, etc.

And so, seemingly cocky as the rest of the candidates were, everyone was voted into their deserved and respective places. Me? Well.... peace to the world if I won. And I didn't even bother considering the other roles as their jobs were far more taxing than the secretary's. But as a silver lining, I was inducted into a general comittee member, a stepping stone towards other more rewarding posts in the future.


MACS committee 2008. Hey I'm at the back!

Heck, till now, I'm still not even a member (members pay $15). How's that for free CV upgrade? Till then.... signing off.... is the guy who's gonna come back stronger than before and vy for Vice Presidency of the club.

4 comments:

lol said...

oh noes, this is perfect

Anonymous said...

justin's gettin horny already...wth all the babes...eh justin?

correction: u somehow managed to make everyone laugh with ur bullshitty.

omg ur club is so asian.

-jinz- said...

haha nice wan..well should run for vice soon..lol

kItlOu said...

dun post pictures that irritates my eyes